Preskočiť na obsah

Dubnica nad Váhom - Informačný server mesta

Vyberte si jazyk: Slovensky

T |  T

Cultural monuments

Barokový kostol sv. Jakuba (1754)St Jacob's baroque church (1754)

The first record of church's existence comes from Esztergom canonry document from 1276. The church had been gothic and then it was adjusted to baroque style in 1754. It has groin vault ceiling, old coloured windows from 19th century and new ones made by Vincent Hlozik in the 1940s. There is a lord oratorio opposite to sacristy on the first floor. The church is surrounded by mason walls with baroque entry gate. The church is listed in Central register of Slovak historic landmarks.

 

Ranobarokový kaštieľEarly baroque manor house

The manor house was built in 1670 in early baroque style on renaissance basis. It was being extended from 1719 to 1730. The building has two floors and it is made of two sections both with two wings and central court. The entrance part includes gorgeous baroque portal and quadrangular tower. There are arcade linking corridor and columns with open arcades on the ground floor. Baroque chapel of assumption of the Virgin Mary, which was built in 1730, is in the west wing.

 

Renesančný kaštieľRenaissance manor house

The manor house was built in the first half of 17th century. The largest modifications were made in 18th century. The building has two side wings, a central wing with a spiral staircase. There is a town park on the back side of the building. Astoria hotel resides in the manor house now.

 

 

 

Mariánska sochaMarian statue

The sculpture of Virgin Mary is a rococo statue from the half of 18th century. It has richly latticed base, double coat of arms and rococo garland on the front side. The statue can be found on Matica Slovenska square, near hotel Filagor.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Súsošie sv. J. NepomukaRococo sculptural group of St John Nepomuk

The sculpture was made in 1773. It stays on three individual pedestals with flat sheet pedestal and cornice on two-level base. Three segregate columns with plant decoration are on the pedestal. The columns have cornice capitals and there is a statue of St John Nepomuk on the middle column. The statue portraits Nepomuk in his typical clothing with crucifix in his hands. The dress is richly folded according to body motion. There are statues of two angels on the side columns.

 

 

 

Stĺp hanbyColumn of shame

The column is made of stone and it has simple cornice capital with iron on three sides. It ends with stone sphere on the upper part. The column has been removed from its original location to the area near the manor house.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Art-nouveau villa of builder Reim

The villa was constructed in 1903 in Art-nouveau style. The building has two floors and two turrets on the front and back facades. The ground-plan is irregular.

 

 

 

Park J.B. MaginaThe Park of J.B. Magin

The rise and development of the park is connected to Ileshazy family. It was built together with the early baroque manor house in 1657 by Gaspar Ileshazy. The French style orangery assembled in 1733 used to be the best known section of the Ileshazy park.
Information about Dubnica park (.pdf, 1 Mb)

 

 

 

 

Pamätník Alexandara DubčekaThe Memorial of Alexander Dubcek

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

grottaTHE GROTTO WITH THE OBSERVATION TOWER IN THE PERIOD OF FLOWERING


The origin and the development of the park in Dubnica nad Váhom is indivisibly connected with the family Illesházy. In 1594, the family received the Trenčín castle along with the whole demesne, the part of which was the serf village of Dubnica. On 21st February 1600, the family obtained from the Emperor Rudolf II the hereditary possession of the Trenčín castle and the whole Trenčín demesne. Seven generations of the family ILLesházy inherited and managed the vast demesne during the period of 241 years. Dubnica became their family seat in 1637. The first men from the manor in Dubnica had important positions in the royal court, and tried to build their family seat as sumptuous as possible. The manor, the park and other architectonical buildings were to represent their political and social postition. count Joseph Illesházy is worth of special attention, because he made special effort for flowering of the village of Dubnica, of the manor and of the park. He was 23, when he started with reconstruction of the manor garden into the shape o a French baroque garden, which was realized in the period 1723-1729. I tis probable that the garden was adjusted according the plans of well-known garden architect André Le N tre, creator of the Versailles gardens in second half of 17th century on the ground of an order of count Nicolas Illesházy.
So called boscets were created in diferent parts of the garden, among them various labyrinths, rosaries, as well as orangeries and hothouses with precious species of plants, especially thermophilic ones. The garden was complemented with Works of art, such as fountains, waterfalls, grotos statues, vases and mechanical curiosities.
The orangerie with movable, roof, which brought fame to the founder and to the proprietors also far abroad, became the greatest pride as well as the most important part of the garden.
From among architectonic supplements of the French park a stone labyrinth is noteworthy, over which a wooden observation tower with regular octagonal shape was built. The visitors had magnificent view at manorial ponds with background of the Váh river valley from the top room. One floor lower, in a larger room with new-Gothic Windows and new-Gothic entrance door, the walls were adorned with silvery wallpapers. This room was comfortably equipped with the period furniture and a chess table with two armchairs. The lords of Dubnica and their guests spent their free time here. The romantic building accumulated in itself several similar possibilities how to solve the layout of a park, and that is why it has several different names. It was to imitate a mysterious historic ruin with its layout and its masonry. Dark winding mysterious entrances as a labyrinth reminding a natural cave - grotto ran from elevated terraces made from tuffaceous stones. As the architecture and the garden architecture as well, is one of the most expressive manifestations of a social position, the French park and its supplements are narrowly connected with the history of successive generations of the proprietors.
In 2005, the archeological research started and the rescue Works were proposed. Te first stage of repairs and preservation started in the years 2006-2008. In 2009, the Works concerning masonry, ceilings, access pathways, and stairs became markedly more intensive. New walls and floors were built. The wooden observation tower was build over the stone part. The building of the observation tower was realized according to a well-preserved period drawing. The renovation of the grotto with the observation tower leads to rescue of this historical building, which is a part of cultural heritage of the city of Dubnica nad Váhom. The funds for implementation of the construction were acquired from subsidy of the Ministry of culture of the Slovak Republic and from the budge of the city. Renovation of the grotto with the observation tower becomes the tourist attraction of Trenčín region and of our district.

The Grotto with the observation Tower in the numbers:

  • The building of the French baroque garden id dated in the period 1723-1729
  • First mention about Grotto: beginning of 19th century,
  • Original extent of the park: 7.75 ha
  • Current extent of the park: 5 ha
  • The renovation of the grotto with teh observation tower was finished in the year 2010
  • The overbuilt area of the monument is 520 m2
  • The sea level of the grotto with observation tower is 245 m at the base of the tower
  • The height of the tower is 16 m
  • The area of the common rooms is 17 m2 on the first floor and 20.3 m2 on the second floor and the area of the top room is 7.6 m2
  • The wood bridge is on the 5.60 m height

poslať na email | vytlačiť


Zlatý Erb Najlepšia elektronická služba samospráv 2010
Zlatý Erb Najlepšia www stránka mesta v SR 2006

copyright © 2001 - 2017, Mesto Dubnica nad Váhom
Webdesign a redakčný systém © Ľuboš Magát
Autorské práva | Redakčný systém | Ochrana osobných údajov | Vyhlásenie o prístupnosti
Samosprávne činnosti mesta
ISO 9001:2008
Verzia pre iphone
iphone.dubnica.sk